To do something with great energy and with all your attention.
Background & Mission
The attainment and maintenance of physical fitness is a life long task. To sustain success in this journey, it’s essential to be persistent with your exercise and nutrition regimen. In other words, each and every day you must put your nose to the grindstone and hammer away to achieve your aspirations.
At Hammer Away, we utilize an evidence-based approach customized to the individual’s unique strength, physique, and overall health goals. This is accomplished by facilitating positive behavior change and the development of sustainable habits. We utilize a dynamic approach that evolves in tandem with the client’s ambitions as they achieve success and set their sights on new undertakings.
Custom Training Programs
All training programs are individualized to the unique training history, goals, limitations and preferences of the individual. At Hammer Away, we work with a wide variety of clients including bodybuilders, powerlifters, and those simply seeking to look and feel better. Regardless of your starting point or end goal, we can construct a plan specific to your needs.
Tailored Nutrition and Supplement Plans
All nutrition and supplement plans are designed to address the distinct needs of the client based on their medical history, current dietary patterns, goals, and preferences. We specialize in a variety of nutritional goals including muscle-gain, fat loss, body recomposition, and improving overall health and longevity.
We’ll help you create a coaching package with the right level of accountability for your needs. Many providers offer a single all-encompassing package at a hefty price. At Hammer Away, we understand clients come with different experience levels and preferences. As such, we offer plans as minimal as a one-time consult or hands-off training program up to a premium coaching package with the potential for daily feedback. See our services page for more information on what we offer.
“If you’re new to the strength or aesthetics game and you found Mike this early on, you’ve struck gold.
“With Mike, you have someone who has their head submerged in the most current information for training and nutrition. You can trust he will lead you to success.
“If you want to have direction, be accountable, and ensure your leaving no stone unturned, Mike is your guy.”
“Mike’s detailed training blocks with video instruction and critiques gave me the confidence to walk into the gym knowing I had a plan. Each time I left the gym I feel like I accomplished something which was truly productive and conducive towards my long-term goals. Mike’s instructions and critiques are so thorough.”
“He meets my nutritional challenges with understanding and encouragement. He has helped me understand what the best diet is for me and adjusts the plan as needed. His feedback is always extremely helpful.”
Get closer to your fitness goals TODAY!
Recent Blog Posts
- We Are What We Think We EatA primary issue with the dieting process is a progressive increase in hunger as body weight decreases leading to dietary noncompliance. While there are many proven strategies to attenuate this problem, some recent research suggests that simply altering our expectations could prove useful. In this article, learn about the powerful interconnection between our mind and body and how gaining further insight into this area could potentially bolster weight loss success.
- Should You Cycle Caffeine?It is commonly reported that it’s necessary to refrain from caffeine use for brief periods to prevent habituation and “resensitize” to its physiological effects, but where do these ideas come from? Does the sports nutrition literature support these claims? The answers to these questions might surprise you. Read on to learn how caffeine can enhance athletic performance and how to get the most out of caffeine supplementation.
- Pre-Workout Placebo: CarbohydratesIt is traditionally recommended to consume a large bolus of carbohydrates prior to exercise. While this practice has been documented to improve performance during prolonged endurance activity, much less is known about its impact on resistance training. Fortunately, new research has provided some much needed insight on the topic. Do you need to consume carbohydrates in your pre-workout meal to maximize resistance exercise performance? Read on to find out the answer to this question and more.
- When is the Best Time to Not Eat?Time-restricted feeding is a form of intermittent fasting that has become extremely popular in recent years. While it was originally thought that any unique effects on health were solely attributable to weight loss, there might be more than meets the eye, especially when it comes to early time-restricted feeding. Read on to learn when might be the best time to incorporate an extended fast.
- Calorie Cycling to Maximize Body Composition Outcomes for Bodybuilders in the Off-SeasonCalorie cycling has a rich history in bodybuilding. While current research suggests this may be a useful strategy for fat loss, the jury is still out for muscle building. In this extensive article, I dive into the available evidence and provide recommendations for how to potentially set-up a calorie cycling diet.